With the cost of healthcare soaring, it's important to consider every opportunity to save on health costs. Medications are a major expense, one you can lower with a little research, comparison shopping and asking the right people the right questions.
Watch it to find out:
- Three good resources for researching medications;
- How paying cash for medications could end up costing less than your insurance co-pay;
- The importance of shopping around for the lowest medication costs;
- How Health Savings Accounts can be used to pay for medications with pre-tax dollars and ease the pain of high deductibles;
- What a “flat priced” medication is and how you can use it to cut the cost of a prescription in half.
The best way to cut prescription costs is to stay healthy and resolve a condition without medication. For the rest of us though, this video provides some valuable money-saving tips.
CONTENT QUOTIENT: Vital
About the Author
Dr. Jeff Barke
Dr. Barke is a family physician in private practice in Newport Beach, CA. He attended undergraduate college at U.S.C. and Medical School at U.C. Irvine completing his Family Medicine Residency at U.C. Irvine Medical Center. He is an elected School Board Member for the Los Alamitos Unified School District currently serving his third term. Dr. Barke also serves as a tactical physician for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department SWAT team as a reserve deputy.