We are, and our service providers may be, located in the United States. You acknowledge that if you reside outside the U.S., your personally identifiable information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored there under U.S. privacy standards. Each time you utilize the Site(s) and /or the Service and are providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S. and you acknowledge that the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the U.S. may be able to obtain disclosure of that personal information through U.S. laws.
Why do we gather information?
We gather, use and disclose information that allows us to: provide and administer the products and services that you request and enrolling you in programs you request and communicating with you about your use of our products and services; provide you the optimal experience with the Site(s) and the Service and to help us better understand what products and services you're most interested in.
We also collect your personal information to communicate with you and to manage your User account if you have one. To do this, we collect information that helps us understand your needs and preferences.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
What type of information do we collect and how is it used?
The contact information we collect comes directly from you.
The types of information we collect include the following:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address, including, street name and name of a city or town.
- An e-mail address.
- A telephone or cellphone number.
- Content interests
- Information collected via "cookies." See below concerning your use of our web site and online services.
We may collect this information whenever you provide it to us such as when you register for a membership account on OTAcademy, Online Trading Academy, or OTA Real Estate Membership, register for an OTA Tax Pros webinar or course, sign-up for a Power Trading Workshop, purchase audio or video content from us, or fill out any other form on any of the Site(s) or through the Service or provide such information to one of our Educational Counselors or Instructors or access any other Services we may provide. We may also collect information that you provide about others, such as through any refer-a-friend type program or on a friend or family member who may be attending a class or workshop with you.
We may use your contact information to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support; Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices with newsletters, updates about our company, products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties and other communications we think may be of value to you.
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424.
Users who register with OTAcademy.com may receive announcements and administrative messages via email and other types of direct messages as part of this service. These communications are part of our Services to you and you may not be able to opt-out of receiving them. Except as specified for the efficiency of use of this Site when you initially provide your contact information to us you will be given the choice of receiving periodic email communications from us or opting out of email communications. If you initially consented to receiving emails from us but would now like to change your preference, please let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424. If you are in Canada or the UK you will affirmatively opt in to email communications.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers for calls and or texts may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive phone calls or texts from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Us and our third party marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone, tablet, or other device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Do we share information collected with other third parties?
Again, we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to keeping your information safe and secure. We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party for any reason except as noted earlier and as described below:
- Information may be shared with agents or contractors who assist in providing support for our internal operations. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that agents or contractors adhere to privacy procedures and will keep your personal information confidential.
- Information that you give us and information about your participation in the Site(s) and the Service may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with other marketers to bring you offers of interest.
- We subscribe to Google Analytics which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). This subscription allows Google to use Information about your participation in the Site(s) and the Service. Google utilizes the information collected to track and examine the use of the Site(s), to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services (such as Google Remarketing and Demographics and Interest Reporting) and to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. The aim of the tracking is to provide customized advertising that reflects your online preferences. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising using Google's Ads Settings or to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Opt-out Browser Add-on. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet and use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site(s).
The information we collect may be disclosed when we are legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on the Site(s) or Service, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on the Site(s) are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
How do we protect and secure the information you provide to us?
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The transfer of confidential information such as credit card numbers and financial data are communicated via state of-the-art encryption. Our Web server and database reside behind a firewall in a secure datacenter with offsite backup and fire protection.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Our Policy Towards Children
Neither the Site(s) nor the Service are directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable information without parental consent, we will delete such information from our files and terminate that individual's use of the Service.
Social Media Widgets
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews, and chat rooms
We may provide areas on our Site(s) where you can post information about yourself and others; communicate with others; post reviews of products, establishments, and the like; and upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable webpages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your e-mail address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. We do not have access or control of the information posted to the blog.
Any inquiries or questions regarding this Policy should be directed in writing to our privacy officer at email@example.com.Last updated 05/24/2018