This one number affects every aspect of your financial life-and it isn’t your SS number. It’s your credit score. Thanks to a constant bombardment of offers for credit cards, loans and special offers, people feel intimidated by credit and don’t even know their own credit score.
Pull up your own credit report and follow along as Merlin demystifies a typical credit report and alerts you to potential red flags.
Watch it to find out:
- The impact your credit score makes on your life
- The drastic increase in the price of a home and monthly payments with even a small variation of interest rates
- The types of companies that require a clean credit report prior to employmentHow your credit score impacts you in the planning, accumulating, retirement and near-retirement stages of your life
- The difference between a credit report and a credit score
- Who the “Big 3” credit bureaus are and the differences between them
- The valid reasons your credit report can be accessed
- Vital tips to know before applying for a home mortgage loan
- The difference between “hard” and “soft” credit inquiries
- Step-by-step instructions for challenging inaccuracies in your credit report
Good credit is a way to help you achieve your goals by paying less for purchases and having access to greater pools of capital when you need it. The real power of a good credit score is the earning power potential of the money that you save. This video gives you a broad view of the impact your credit score has across your entire life.
CONTENT QUOTIENT: Eye Opening
About the Author
Merlin Rothfeld has been actively involved in the financial markets since 1996. After receiving his degree in Business Finance, Merlin worked for a large financial planning firm in California where he applied traditional, long term investment strategies.